Thursday, September 13, 2007

2nd Dr. Appt

Chris and I went to our 2nd Dr Appt today. The Dr. did a full exam, took a gallon of blood, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. The Dr. used an external doppler and it took awhile to locate the little bean, but finally she did! The heartbeat was 165bpm, which is considered normal. Dr. said everything looks good and wants me to come back in 4 weeks for an ultrasound, so we get to see the little bean soon! Still having nausea but Zofran is a miracle drug and makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully the nausea will end in another couple of weeks. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. I'm surprised I didn't gain 10lbs since i have been living off of pop tarts and baked potatoes, carbs make my stomach feel better.

I want to let everyone know what a wonderful husband I have, he is very involved with our first pregnancy and enjoys learning about the growing baby and going to our appts. Since I've been so sick he brings me breakfast in bed every morning and doesn't complain when I get crumbs on his side of the bed. He is a very special man and I love him!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my sweet son. Christopher, I'm most proud of you because you are a good husband to Amy. I know you will be a wonderful father. Amy, thank you for letting us know about the baby and about how Christopher is doing with you and the baby. It makes me so happy to know that he treats you so well and that you love him so much. Both of you keep up the good work. I love you so much.
Bubie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for the two of you. It is just fabulous that Chris is being such a great hubby. Make sure he does your toes when you can't see your feet;-)

Anonymous said...

Keep feeding the baby pop tarts and baked potatoes. Sounds like she will grow up just like us!!
Love, your sister

Erin said...

You're right about the Zofran! In my first trimester I called them my miracle pills! I had to ration them though b/c insurance would only cover 24 pills per month (?) and they are like $50 PER PILL without insurance!!! We are so happy for both of you!

Aunt Juvenia said...

You sound so HAPPY---You are so meant to be a mother--and what a Husband you have--going through all the surgeries I"ve had and not one Breakfast in Bed for me!!!!Charlie says to tell you and Chris ----Congratulations!!! But he hopes for a boy--because the last two kids were little girls! But personally You can never go wrong with little girls!!!!!

Tina said...

Yay! Glad everything is well with Baby C! I really hope you continue to feel better - we can all sympathize with the yucks you've been having.
Super glad you have such a great man...I thought Donald was the only one! hee hee Way to go, Chris! (not too hard to serve a pop-tart in bed, is it? haha!!) VERY happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! We are so excited for ya'll! Your daddy was ALL SMILES when he told us the good news! He is retiring just in time to be the babysitter and diaper-changer! (He just thinks he's gonna play golf.....WRONG!!!)